Thursday, November 18, 2010

Chicken Stew

This blog has visitors from all most all over the world and some of this credit should go to my sister Golda. If not for her I would have never complied these recipes and got the idea of a Blog. While my sister was in down south. All most everyday I used to email recipes to her and that's when the idea of compiling simple everyday recipes came to me.

Thanks Goldie for making me famous in the world of blogging :)  and If this blog has helped you in someway do leave a comment. I would love to hear from you. Even if you have request for a specific recipe, let me know, I will try to post it as soon as possible.

Chicken stew is a simple and a yummy dish and goes very well with ghee rice / appam / dosa. If you have some unexpected guest, you can put this dish together in less than 20 min.



Ingrediants

Chicken - 1/2 Kg (Cut into bite size pieces)
Onion - 3 (Sliced)
Green chillies - 5 (slit)
Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tsp
Curry leaves - 5
Cinnamon - 1"
Clove - 3
Elachi - 2
Bay leaves - 1
Coconut milk - 2 cups ( I used Maggie coconut milk powder)
Cashew nut - 5 (Soaked and ground into smooth paste)
Potato and Carrot - 1 cup (cubed and cooked)
Coconut oil - 5 tsp
Coriander Leaves - 2 tsp (chopped)
 

Cooking Method

Heat oil, Add elachi, clove, cinnamon, bay leaves and curry leaves followed by green chillies and onions.
Remember onions should only turn soft and it should not brown.
Once onions are soft. add ginger garlic paste and cashew paste, Fry for a minute.
Add chicken and cook till done (A little water can be added).
Once chicken is well cooked, add potato and carrot. 
Add salt.
Add coconut milk and reduce the flame & cook for 5 -7  minutes or until you get the required thickness.
Garnish with fried onions, curry leaves and coriander leaves.


Serve as soup or with Appam/ Bread.
Cooking time : 20 min
Serves - 3-4




No comments:

Post a Comment