Sometimes I feel its easier to cook non-veg than to cook veg. This mutton curry was the first non-veg item that got me praises for my cooking skills. This is a very easy to do and extremely delicious and i love it with Idiappam, Will post Idiappam recepie soon. This weekend has been a lazy one ;) thats y all the easy to do recipes. Enjoy the weekend and do try this easy mutton curry.
Mutton (With bones) 1/2 Kg
Onion 3 (Medium, chopped)
Tomato 4 (Medium, chopped)
Ginger Garlic paste 11/2 tsp
Chilli Powder 2tsp
Coriander Powder 3tsp
Garam Masala 1 tsp
Turmeic 1/4 tsp
Heat oil, add clove n cinnamon, once clove crackles, Add onion and fry till light brown, add tomato and ginger garlic paste after a minute add spice powders and salt. Fry till the oil seperates from the masala. Add washed mutton. Fry for 5 minutes. Add one cup water. Close cooker and cook for 3 to 4 whistles or till the mutton is done. Garnish with Coriander Leaves.
Serve with Rice / Rotis / Dosa / Idli.
- You can make the consistency of the gravy as per your wish. If you want it as a thick gravy just allow the gravy to boil till the required consistency is reached.
- You can add pudina and coriander leaves along with tomato, while making the masala to enhance the taste.
- If you are cooking for a lot of people you can grind coconut and add to the tomato masala before adding the meat.
- Reduce the amount of oil if the meat has a lot of fat in it.
- Cook the masala in slow fire as it increases the taste.
Cooking time : 30 Minutes
Serves : 3-4 Adults